PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem installing anything

Spoonstm
January 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I am new to ubuntu and I am still not very good with it. I have been having a problem getting anything to install. Even the updates that come through the update manager give me the same error. The error messages says:
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I have also noticed that on my system monitor my cpu usage has been very high (60% to 100%). I have only been using this os for a few weeks. I am not sure if that would be a related problem or not.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or help anyone can give me on this.
Thanks!

overdrank
January 20th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I am new to ubuntu and I am still not very good with it. I have been having a problem getting anything to install. Even the updates that come through the update manager give me the same error. The error messages says:
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I have also noticed that on my system monitor my cpu usage has been very high (60% to 100%). I have only been using this os for a few weeks. I am not sure if that would be a related problem or not.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or help anyone can give me on this.
Thanks!

Hi and welcome, have you tried using the command suggest
sudo dpkg --configure -a In the terminal located under applications, accessories.

Spoonstm
January 20th, 2009, 04:25 PM
That worked! thank you so much for your help!