PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade from 7.1 to 8.04 except Evolution

ant0ny
January 20th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Hi,

I installed 8.04 but shortly found out that Evolution Mail 2.22 has a magor problem using exchange server.

I then installed 7.1 and Evolution 2.1 works great.

How can I do a apt-get install dist-upgrade and exclude Evolution from being upgraded?

I have actually setup 2 machines one with 7.1 and one with 8.04... So if the solution is easier to downgrade Evoltion on 8.04 back to 2.1 this would also be just as good or even better for me.

Antony

cariboo
January 20th, 2009, 06:15 AM
You can pin Evolution at the version you want by going to System-->Administration-->Synaptic Package Manager-->Package-->Lock Version. Make sure you have highlighted Evolution first.

Jim

ant0ny
January 20th, 2009, 10:36 PM
You can pin Evolution at the version you want by going to System-->Administration-->Synaptic Package Manager-->Package-->Lock Version. Make sure you have highlighted Evolution first.

Jim

Yes thanks Jim but that was the first thing I tried.

When you open the Update Manager it says Partial Update which sounds encouraging but if you scroll down the list of packages that will be upgraded you will see Ugrade Evolution is there.

Thats why I thought trying to use an exclusion with apt-get might be the way to go.

Antony