PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Splash screen disapears on booting

wavesound
January 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Hi
This a bit annoying more than anything else.

On booting I get the splash screen and the moving bar but then I get dumped at the console with all the booting text until logging in. :confused:

Is there a way to suppress this?

Cheers
Bob

ajgreeny
January 19th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Which version of ubuntu are you talking about? 8.04 did have some problems with this at the start, but I thought they had all been sorted now, and if I remember correctly, that was only at shutdown, not at boot up. How long does it take to boot as often in the past, if there was a long delay in getting to the login screen, or at times when the auto-fsck started, the system would dump me to a text boot. I assume you are not getting the fsck each time you boot your computer.

wavesound
January 20th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Which version of ubuntu are you talking about? 8.04 did have some problems with this at the start, but I thought they had all been sorted now, and if I remember correctly, that was only at shutdown, not at boot up. How long does it take to boot as often in the past, if there was a long delay in getting to the login screen, or at times when the auto-fsck started, the system would dump me to a text boot. I assume you are not getting the fsck each time you boot your computer.

Hi
I did an upgrade from 04 to the new 10 so I expected some grief.
I usually re-install.

I thought it was the ro-quiet thing but seems not.

Cheers :guitar:
Bob