PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu wireless

monkeybus
January 19th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I have an old Gateway 200ARC (specs (http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/200ARC/3501609sp83.shtml)) and i just installed kubuntu 8.10 on it. I am trying to configure it so that my internal wireless card will connect to the internet, but i am not sure what to do. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

sleepitoff
January 20th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Do you have the wireless driver installed? If not, make sure you to goto System -> Hardware Drivers and pick the wireless driver to install.

After that, on the bottom right, you'll see a gray globe looking icon, right click on it and pick your wireless network, or pick the configuration setting to add it if your router isn't broadcasting an SSID.

monkeybus
January 20th, 2009, 03:43 AM
no i don't have it installed. i am not quite sure how to install it or where to get it from. there was nothing i could do in system->hardware drivers to install it

abn91c
January 20th, 2009, 03:56 AM
press alt+f2, type knetworkmanager then at bottom right toolbar right click on the globe, select new connection> wlan0, next screen input you SSID security keys>next at the SSID screen check the connect at startup box, then select connect and save.