PDA

View Full Version : Dam microsoft and their xbox live...

ELD
January 19th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I just rang up to cancel my account, they cancelled it and said i will be charged 9.99 anyway because they have tried to charge my card before for "months owed" i don't see why they don't just downgrade my account if the first payment fails?

So now i either wait till my account is suspended (probably after they try to charge my card another few times) or let them rape 9.99 out of my account which i really, really need this month.

Johnsie
January 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Cancel the direct debit. The worst thing that can happen is that they'll send you a letter demanding payment.

ELD
January 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
You pay by pre-paid cards or debit/credit card, there is no direct debit option heh, i paid by debit card and there is no way for me to remove my card info without putting in a new one, how crap is that!

Johnsie
January 19th, 2009, 02:07 PM
That sucks. Could be worse though... I'm getting an average of £60 data charges per monthy from Orange on top of my mobile line rental. Welcome to rip-off Britain. I have a 250mb limit but apparently that only covers 'web pages' and not any other internet stuff.

ELD
January 19th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Makes me glad i pay t-mobile £5 a month to do what i want on the net on my mobile heh.

.arean
January 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM
You can probably stop it through your bank with a stop payment or something.

Johnsie
January 19th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah, my second mobile is on 3 pay as you go... They have a much better Internet plan. I use Internet on my phone more than voice or txt so I want to put my 3 sim into my good phone and putting my contract into a rubbish phone that I'll only use to make phone calls. When I put the Three sim into my contract phone it asked for a PIN though ;-/

geoken
January 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Can you elaborate on the issue?

Are you saying you had a payment which was scheduled to be withdrawn on a certain date and the funds weren't there, then you later canceled the service?

ELD
January 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Can you elaborate on the issue?

Are you saying you had a payment which was scheduled to be withdrawn on a certain date and the funds weren't there, then you later canceled the service?

Yeah so i guess in theory i owe them it, but then i just don't see why they don't turn your account to silver (the non-paying account) when a payment fails rather than make the person owe it.

I don't even own a 360 anymore though so they can see i haven't logged on in god knows how long.

geoken
January 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah so i guess in theory i owe them it, but then i just don't see why they don't turn your account to silver (the non-paying account) when a payment fails rather than make the person owe it.

I can't speak to their specific situation, but my wife has to pay a fee every time she tries to run a card that gets declined (she owns a business). The fee is usually pretty substantial. Most places around here charge in the neighborhood of $20 on NSF (aka. insufficient funds/account closed) charges. The last one I got was at the gym, their NSF charge was $18 and the bank gave me an additional $5 charge on their end.

ELD
January 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I can't speak to their specific situation, but my wife has to pay a fee every time she tries to run a card that gets declined (she owns a business). The fee is usually pretty substantial. Most places around here charge in the neighborhood of $20 on NSF (aka. insufficient funds/account closed) charges. The last one I got was at the gym, their NSF charge was $18 and the bank gave me an additional $5 charge on their end.

That is a whole-nother ball game that is bank charges, we have them here in the UK which are currently going through the courts because so many cried out that they are unfair.

I have been charged £30 for going £0.31 overdrawn...now tell me that is fair heh.

-jay-
January 20th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I just rang up to cancel my account, they cancelled it and said i will be charged 9.99 anyway because they have tried to charge my card before for "months owed" i don't see why they don't just downgrade my account if the first payment fails?

So now i either wait till my account is suspended (probably after they try to charge my card another few times) or let them rape 9.99 out of my account which i really, really need this month.

i had this happen to me before i had a 12+1 month (halo) when mine expired i was charged for another year i called my bank said i lost my card from this day on i only use point or live cards

ELD
January 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
i had this happen to me before i had a 12+1 month (halo) when mine expired i was charged for another year i called my bank said i lost my card from this day on i only use point or live cards

I see i am not alone, i have been tempted to "lose" my card (it is pretty ruined and has a nice big crack in it anyway).