PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu don't read DvD-r

DeAndreon
January 19th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hello people, I'm new member of this beautiful forum! I'm not english and sorry if I wrog somethings;) Ok, my problem is it: i burn my dvd with K3b becouse i dislike Brasero(very difficult and has lot of bug). Then, dvd+r that I burn with it, I insert it in dvd player of the pc and ubuntu read the dvd(if is data, dvd or divx). If is a dvd-r that ubuntu has burned or an other dvd, it don't read it. It tell me this error:

Impossible read the position
Impossible mounting the file(i'm italian, it tell me it in italian;))

I think it isn't normal this. How i can resolve this problem? With windows xp i haven't this problem:(
Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i've disinstalled brasero)

DeAndreon
January 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Anyone con help meeeeeeeee?](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

DeAndreon
January 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Up up up;)

DeAndreon
January 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I've resolved part of my problem becouse the firmware of my dvd burner don't read verbatim Dvds. But the problem with ubuntu is it: i insert a dvd burned with k3b in ubuntu and it read the dvd but if i insert a dvd burned with xp or vista it don't read it! I have seen that the dvd burned with xp and vista are with filesystem udf! And i know that ubuntu have problem to read udf! I have seen tutorial for read udf with ubuntu but this are old for my ubuntu becouse i've ubuntu 8.10. I don't know how i can read this dvd with ubuntu:( Can you help me???????????[-o<[-o<