PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Sound card

Zen_-
January 19th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I am kind of new. ^-^ I am looking to buy a new sound card, since my current one (an HDA nvidia realtek ALC880) seems to be having compatibility problems with my microphone. (Trying to run vent in wine). So I've decided that since very many people are having the same problem of the microphone output being VERY low, that the best option could possibly be to get a new sound card.

I was wondering if anyone could give me advise on a soundcard with good compatibility that I could get. (Cheaper the better... don't have very much money).

EDIT : of course if someone knows a solution than I'd go with that as well. ;P But I've been trying to fix this problem for hours on end now. I've went from vent not picking up my mic at all, to being able to talk to others but only by yelling in my mic. But I've never been able to get past that. (If I boost mic volume any higher it starts blaring like a sub woofer).

jrusso2
January 19th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I have a turtle beach that works well with Linux.

Zen_-
January 19th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I searched for where I could get that card where I live but could not find anywhere. I did however find a card that was pretty cheap and was wondering if anyone knew if it had good compatibility with ubuntu 8.10? :\

Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 Channel PCI Sound Card

jrusso2
January 19th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I searched for where I could get that card where I live but could not find anywhere. I did however find a card that was pretty cheap and was wondering if anyone knew if it had good compatibility with ubuntu 8.10? :\

Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 Channel PCI Sound Card

I think thats another brand of the same sound card its based on the same chip.

I bought mine at newegg.

Zen_-
January 19th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Of the same sound-card as my current one, or the one you suggested?

Zen_-
January 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Bump ^-^