PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] kpdf prints landscape as portrait?

scottws
January 19th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I've been using Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon and 8.04 Hardy Heron on a laptop for about a year now without any major headaches, until tonight.

I tried to print a PDF file (a menu from a local pizzaria), and it doesn't print out right. The menu properly shows in kpdf as two pages in landscape format. I went ahead and printed it and noticed it was coming out with the characters running all the way to the very edge of the paper... it was printing in portrait mode.

I double-checked all my printer settings in kpdf and confirmed they are showing printing as landscape, but it just doesn't come out that way.

I started doing some searching and it seems this problem is isolated to Kubuntu. It's not a kpdf or cups problem overall, just distribution-specific. According to this thread (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdegraphics/+bug/47649), it appears to be fixed in 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. How can I get the packages I need in Hardy Heron to fix this problem? Upgrading to 8.10 is not a solution as my laptop can't handle KDE4 and besides, I want to wait longer before I give KDE4 any consideration.