PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Windows 7 and Ubuntu 8.10?

zanos
January 19th, 2009, 03:25 AM
I running Windows 7 right now and I would like to know if I can set up dual boot running Ubuntu? Is the process gonna be the same just like with Vista? I wouldnt venture into Linux land but I'm having issues with running Blender under Windows 7. This is due to bad beta ATI drivers. Once Windows 7 is released these things will be ironed out.

Please no haters as I was one of you for about a year and I know how you feel. Thanks.

73ckn797
January 19th, 2009, 05:00 AM
I running Windows 7 right now and I would like to know if I can set up dual boot running Ubuntu? Is the process gonna be the same just like with Vista? I wouldnt venture into Linux land but I'm having issues with running Blender under Windows 7. This is due to bad beta ATI drivers. Once Windows 7 is released these things will be ironed out.

Please no haters as I was one of you for about a year and I know how you feel. Thanks.

I have Xubuntu, XP and Win 7 on one computer. Cannot get 7 from grub choice to load but that is a drive designation in grub that I just have not tried to fix yet. It will probably be an easy fix. For now it will boot into the Windows 7 dual boot screen for XP and 7 using the grub XP choice. Grub listing for the Win 7 is the problem, going straight into 7 from grub.

Yes, it can be done.

zanos
January 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Thank you for your reply. Im sorry, maybe I wasnt clear enough.
With vista all I did was install Ubuntu from a live cd. It worked right away. I didnt have to do any tweeks.

What I wanted to know if it can be done with W7. I do not want to do any tweeks because I do not know much about computers. So basically if it cant be done from GUI, forget about it. Thank you.

zanos
January 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
bump