PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sansa View + MSC + Banshee = transfer errors

azredwing
January 19th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Hi all,

I have a Sansa View 16GB. I am currently running Intrepid x64, and my music player of choice is Banshee.

Banshee (latest version, 1.4.1) locks up whenever I try to connect in MTP mode. After spending a lot of time on that problem, I decided to go with MSC mode.

Banshee detects the View in MSC mode (after placing .is_audio_player in the root folder for the player) but transferring music to the player always results in the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Is this a Banshee issue, View issue, MSC issue, or some combination of the three?

(Transferring music works fine with Rhythmbox. I really would prefer to keep with Banshee but if necessary I will switch players...)

giancaldo
June 18th, 2009, 05:38 AM
for me, banshee always fails to copy if I don't have the output_formats set in .is_audio_player

add the following to the the contents of .is_audio_player

audio_folders=MUSIC/,RECORD/,AUDIBLE/,AUDIOBOOKS/,PODCASTS/,
output_formats=application/ogg,audio/ogg,audio/mpeg,audio/flac,audio/wave,audio/x-wav,audio/x-ms-wma,audio/x-ms-wmv,audio/audible,audio/x-pn-audibleaudiolook at post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=917677 for more info

giancaldo
June 18th, 2009, 05:49 AM
you may want to add audio/mp3 or audio/mpeg as the first entry in the output_formats list if you want banshee to convert the incompatible audio files to mp3 when you transfer.