PDA

View Full Version : How do you prevent your earphone wires from getting all tangled up?

Ebuntor
January 18th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how you store your earphones when you're on the move without getting the wires all tangled up ?

I've got a pair for my mp3 player and a pair for my mobile phone headset, I usually put them in my pocket or backpack but no matter how careful I am those damn wires always seem to get tangled in the most impossible knots.
Wrapping them around my mp3 player seems to work better but that's far from ideal. Wrapping my headset's wires around my phone isn't an option (takes way too long to answer the phone).

Anyone have any special techniques?

markp1989
January 18th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how you store your earphones when you're on the move without getting the wires all tangled up ?

I've got a pair for my mp3 player and a pair for my mobile phone headset, I usually put them in my pocket or backpack but no matter how careful I am those damn wires always seem to get tangled in the most impossible knots.
Twisting them around my mp3 player seems to work better but that's far from ideal.

Anyone have any special techniques?

i normaly just wrap them around my ipod. seems to work fine for me.

xpod
January 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM
How about buying yourself some retractable ones?
http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=690&t_mode=des

EDIT:These might be better
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRKE30LWB-CE7-ear-retractable-headphones/dp/B000OQ8TNA

Ebuntor
January 18th, 2009, 10:02 PM
How about buying yourself some retractable ones?
http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=690&t_mode=des

Ooooh, me like very much. :) Would be nice if there was a phone headset version.

hatten
January 18th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I don't have a camera so i tried to do a step by step explanation with my super-pro-forum-skills

| || |/\| |/\|
| || |||| ||||
| || |||| ||||
| || |||| ||||
| || \/\/ \/\/
| ||
| ||
| ||
| \/
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

first you have the cable hang straight from your hand, or lie at any flat surface.

then take one end and put it together with the other end, repeat until it is ~5 cm long.

then put tape/string/ribbon/rubber band/whatever around it and tie. I use those steel-wire-with-plastic-around-it that you get when buying cables from shops.

hope you understood, else i got a step-by-step picture attached =D

Ebuntor
January 18th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I don't have a camera so i tried to do a step by step explanation with my super-pro-forum-skills

| || |/\| |/\|
| || |||| ||||
| || |||| ||||
| || |||| ||||
| || \/\/ \/\/
| ||
| ||
| ||
| \/
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

first you have the cable hang straight from your hand, or lie at any flat surface.

then take one end and put it together with the other end, repeat until it is ~5 cm long.

then put tape/string/ribbon/rubber band/whatever around it and tie. I use those steel-wire-with-plastic-around-it that you get when buying cables from shops.

hope you understood, else i got a step-by-step picture attached =D

Ingenious, that's so simple. Your step-by-step pic made it very clear. Many thanks, I bow to your super-pro-forum-skills. ;)

Love your avatar by the way. :)

ac7ss
January 18th, 2009, 10:17 PM
bluetooth headphones. or if you need the wires, wrap them in a figure 8 around 2 fingers. (This is called faking a line.)

hatten
January 18th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Ingenious, that's so simple. Your step-by-step pic made it very clear. Many thanks, I bow to your super-pro-forum-skills. ;)

Love your avatar by the way. :)

tihii, i got it on a T-shirt too ^^ Nobody is perfect at the front and my name is nobody at the back. I even had it when i was interviewed at TV, but they didn't show more than "my" when they taped my back

Ebuntor
January 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
bluetooth headphones. or if you need the wires, wrap them in a figure 8 around 2 fingers. (This is called faking a line.)

I see, that might be even simpler, never heard about such a technique. Thank you. :)