PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade kernel to 2.6.27-9-generic

WizMedic
January 18th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Hello all,

I have been playing with Ubuntu 8.04 and now upgraded to 8.10. But I saw that my kernel is still at 2.6.24-16-generic. I have done sudo apt-get update and upgrade all the time but the kernel has not updated. I have done a number of searches on google on how to upgrade the kernel with no luck.

Does anyone know how I can upgrade my kernel on my laptop? Thank you for your help and time.....

sarath_it
January 18th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Try
sudo apt-get upgrade linux-headers and let us know..

WizMedic
January 18th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that before but I just tried it again and 0 upgrades and 0 newly installed. So no luck with that command.

Thanks......

sarath_it
January 18th, 2009, 08:39 AM
give more info,

like, uname -a

Goto Settings>Software Sources>Updates, make sure important and recommended are checked. if they are, take a screenshot and put it up here.

Copy paste your sources.list here..

The more the info, the faster help arrives :)

brianhaz
February 8th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I am also experiencing this issue. Is it solved? I'd like to bump/reopen this thread and ask WizMedic if he solved his issue, as he stopped following up on this issue. I have also posted a thread about this, and it can be found here. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6640479#post6640479 I am still experiencing this issue and it is severly impairing my comp's functionality. Help GREATLY appreciated.