PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firewall Question :)

Vampyer
January 17th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of running a firewall using another machine. "Why?" I hear you ask well the answer is because I have money (...and no woman to steal it from me ;) ) and loads of free time. So why not? :D

The thing is, I dont really want a huge bulky machine just doing a simple task so I did some looking around and found the Linutop and the Fit-PC Slim.

So, my question is would either of these two be able to run a firewall program of some sort?

cdtech
January 17th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Sure. You could even use an old box with no hard drive, just a Live CD as long as you have a NIC in and a NIC out............

sonicb00m
January 18th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of running a firewall using another machine. "Why?" I hear you ask well the answer is because I have money (...and no woman to steal it from me ;) ) and loads of free time. So why not? :D

The thing is, I dont really want a huge bulky machine just doing a simple task so I did some looking around and found the Linutop and the Fit-PC Slim.

So, my question is would either of these two be able to run a firewall program of some sort?

Hello my name is Prince Aramed of Arasheeb and I have 100 million US dollars tied up in bonds that require a trustworthy friend to help release them.

:P

Amanpreet
January 18th, 2009, 12:52 AM
yeah I guess, why don't yu give some of that money to me? just kidding! :)