PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My files are randomly going missing!

bt86bt
January 16th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Hi

I just noticed that files, especially large files, was going missing or beeing deleted from my usb-disk?! Altough, it seems also like they are still there since I still got 40 gig left on it (just like I had before). I also, according to nautilus only have used 23 gig which leaves about 350 gig unaccounted for??!

ctrl-h does not help and I can not find the files when I search for them. The trash seems to be empty aswell.

Is there any way to search in some kind of logg to see when a certain file was deleted and by what? Or is there some special kind of hide-feature I have activated??

Please help me...
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=99997&stc=1&d=1232094054

agim
January 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I had this happen once because I wasn't properly unmounting my usb. If this is the case, be careful!
I really don't know how or if I fixed it. I think I had to plug it into another computer and run a few commands, I will look in the morning and see if I can find the answer, if you don't find one in the meantime.

Goodnight and good luck.

bt86bt
January 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I had this happen once because I wasn't properly unmounting my usb. If this is the case, be careful!
I really don't know how or if I fixed it. I think I had to plug it into another computer and run a few commands, I will look in the morning and see if I can find the answer, if you don't find one in the meantime.

Goodnight and good luck.

Oh man you were so right. Just a little plug in / out in another computer and then back again. All files are still there. Love you, no matter if you are a man or woman :)