PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Can't Fix My Panel To The Orignal At OS Install

roystreet
January 16th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Hi,
I recently installed kubuntu & it runs pretty good. I'm hoping to eventually adopt this as my main OS. I love KDE. Somehow, someway I ended up getting my panel (The one that originally is installed & is at the bottom of the screen) on the top. It was purely by accident. Oh well. So I took this as a learning opportunity to get it back down. It never did quite work. I eventually somehow lost the panel (Black background) but never lost the icons or widgets. It's like the panel is there, but isn't. I finally thought that I had to remove the panel. I create a new panel - Guess what, it put it right up at the top again....Arrgh! Oh well, I finally was able to to get it to the bottom of the screen. I added the stuff back on...the widgets. Now 2 problems:

1) Everything is in the wrong place. The clock, it's on the right side, but not against the bottom right. It's more in the right area, but centered. The system tray will show up, but it's near the middle of the panel. There are these huge gaps between the various widgets.
- It seems to be when I try to grab them & move them that they have a sorrounding area that is much bigger than the icons span. Hopefully that makes sense.
- For example, the clock, if I try to move it, it looks like the "space" that widget takes up is an inch extra on each side of the clock? Not sure why? That's the basic concept for the rest of it.

2) Next, it doesn't show what programs I have open on the panel. For example, if you have your browser open, it should show at the bottom that it's running. You could click on it to maximize it or minimize it. It hasn't been there since this problem started.

*A little extra tidbit that makes me think the original "panel" still exists at the top is...A little windows dictionary program that I installed that actually works shows an icon on the panel when you log on. When I'm logging off, it shows the icon at the top left of the screen now. Almost like the panel never went away, just the back ground. I would've thought that it would show it in the system tray, but it doesn't show it now. Now sure why?

I've attached a picture of my screen below.

roystreet
January 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on this one? It's been like 4 days with no response.