PDA

View Full Version : Linux in store, and a Dvorak keyboard

bonzodog
January 15th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I went out yesterday to hunt for a new keyboard, and I decided to have a quick look in my local PC World (for you merkins: Think best buy). First off, I found the keyboard I was looking for (minimal footprint, black, can be physically remapped to dvorak), for just 6.49.
I managed to completely physically remap it to dvorak when I got home due to it being such a cheap keyboard, and the pins below F and J were not a different size to the rest.
The keyboard is the Trust KB-1120. Its not multimedia, and I will probably black all the keys one day soon.

Secondly, I just went to browse around the Netbook section. They had both Acer and Asus netbooks there. They had 8 on display, of varying colours, 4 Xp ones and 4 Linux ones.
Only one of the Xp versions was booted up, and that had blue-screened!
All of the Linux ones were booted up, and showed no signs of stress, even with all the kids in store playing with them.

init1
January 15th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I went out yesterday to hunt for a new keyboard, and I decided to have a quick look in my local PC World (for you merkins: Think best buy). First off, I found the keyboard I was looking for (minimal footprint, black, can be physically remapped to dvorak), for just 6.49.
I managed to completely physically remap it to dvorak when I got home due to it being such a cheap keyboard, and the pins below F and J were not a different size to the rest.
The keyboard is the Trust KB-1120. Its not multimedia, and I will probably black all the keys one day soon.

Secondly, I just went to browse around the Netbook section. They had both Acer and Asus netbooks there. They had 8 on display, of varying colours, 4 Xp ones and 4 Linux ones.
Only one of the Xp versions was booted up, and that had blue-screened!
All of the Linux ones were booted up, and showed no signs of stress, even with all the kids in store playing with them.
Yeah, I've seen netbooks in Staples, Cosco, Target and Best Buy. Target and Bestbuy were the only ones with Linux netbooks though.