PDA

View Full Version : T-shirts and graphics.....

Zensunni
December 15th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Has anyone here sold t-shirts and designed and implimented their own graphics for them?

I'd like to start selling shirts and stuff with my own designs on them. And, I'd like to be able to make a picture with gimp (say, a jpeg or bmp) and be able to transfer it.

Does anyone know how one would go about doing that?

NotJustANewbie
December 15th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I have not sold them, I have made my own stencils and used a spray paint to transfer the image on to the tshirt. It was quite effective but if you do not use the correct spray paint, it will come off gradually in the wash. You can use a fabric presser which transers rubber based images on to tshirts and you will have to have a special printed to print on to the rubber (which is melted by the machine on to the fabric).

Try your local "goth" shop (my local one does custom made tshirts at a good price)

Also, if you want some ideas, go to http://nerd.ws for a website that sells custom designs and you can email the guy that runs it, he seems like a nice guy from what I have seen from the website and I have ordered tshirts from him which are very good quality. ;)

Zensunni
December 16th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the pointers. There's a metal shop I know of which just might be of help...

While the stencil Idea is effective, I think I'd rather be able to make a press-on design. I did some searching and found a press-on supplier called bang-on, but they only make pre-made designs and letters. And, they're kind of coorporate so unless you plan to make this big business deal, they aren't interested.

I always feel stupid walking into a store and asking about it because they basically just work there and have no idea of the way the place runs or any of it's connections.

If I do find something, I'll definately post it as I know a lot of people who would like this service, but give up trying because it's so shrouded in mystery.