PDA

View Full Version : number help in php

brandon88tube
January 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
First let me say this, I am extremely tired and have been trying to figure this out for a couple hours, so please bear with me.

I can't seem to figure out what I think should be fairly simple, maybe its the lack of sleep... I have a max number, I want to echo only a certain amount of these numbers based upon a limit. When it gets to the last number, I would like it to start with that number and continue to echo numbers based upon the limit until it reaches the max number.

An example: I have a max number of 35, I set the limit to 10, I want to echo the first 10 numbers > 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, then I want to start at 10 and go up to 19, then start with 19 and go up to 28 and so forth all the way until I can echo 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35. I think I need a type of loop for this, but I haven't been able to devise one to do everything that I want. If anyone can help and come up with an resource efficient way of doing this please share.

DFord425
January 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Make an outer loop where the limit is your max-number. Then an inner loop where the limit is your limit and max-number. kinda like this:

while(count<max_number){
while(inner_count<limit && count<max_number){
//print number and increment count and inner_count
}
}

brandon88tube
January 16th, 2009, 05:01 AM
What would inner_count be and would a for loop be better?