PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No OS installed?!

Eli312
January 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Hi,

I have been trying for the past few days to get Ubuntu to install and work on my latptop MaxData ECO 4011 WI nothing worked i could get to the menu from the disk where it asked what i want to do "run from disk" or "install" i have tryed both of those options n it seem to go though loading up the Ubuntu install fine then when it gets to the bit where you need to install my screen goes black n a few white blobs apear.

Now i was told to try and install it with the alternate CD so i downloaded that took a few hours. I tryed installing it though the text based system but for some strange reason the screen was in half so i could only read some of the text which made it hard to try and install.

Anyway i went ahead and tryed to install it. I restarted my laptop and it says somthing alonge the lines of No OS found and sits there and i also dont have the CD of windows as it was allready installed on my laptop when it came.

So basicaly what i need is help installing Ubuntu as now i have no OS at all so i can do nothing.

Processor: Intel Celeron M 1.73ghz
Memory: 958MB
System: 32-Bit
Display: VIA Chrome HC IGP WDDM
Hard Drive Space: 70GB

Thought i belived the problem to be my graphics card as its the images that dont show up.

Thanks
Eli

theozzlives
January 15th, 2009, 02:16 PM
If you haven't deleted it, you should have a recovery partition. There's a keystroke (during post) to enter recovery and return your HD to it's original state.

Eli312
January 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I cant seem to find somthing that lets me restore.

But i dont really care about bring windows back i would raver if possable get Ubuntu running and working.