PDA

View Full Version : will the demise of Steve Jobs be beneficial to linux desktop?

picturefreedom
January 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
as you may have know by now, Steve Jobs is taking a leave due to health problems, so hypotheticaly if it comes to worst, will linux desktop indirectly benefit if he retires or if he passed away?

why? and why not?

Dixon Bainbridge
January 15th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I can't believe you are even asking that question.

Also, enough of this windows v osx v linux marketshare crap. Its so boring its not even funny. I wish people spent more time just using what works best for them, instead of arguing a toss over which PWNZ0R the other and who is evil and who is not.

Steve Jobs is a sanctimonius, money grabbing, hypocritical businessmen, interested only in himslef, his business and expanding that business as far as possible. Ditto Steve Ballmer. Does that make them evil? No, it makes them business men. This is a capitalist world, thats how it works - by being greedy and doing whatever is possible to screw over the opposition. Why are linux users constantly surprised by this? Wake up.

Also, enough of the evangelising linux crap. People use whats best for them. Sometimes, its not linux. Get over it.

/rant over

RiceMonster
January 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM
No it won't. Why does it matter anyway?

gn2
January 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM
This is a capitalist world, ~

Not all of it.

linuxisevolution
January 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I can't believe you are even asking that question.

Also, enough of this windows v osx v linux marketshare crap. Its so boring its not even funny. I wish people spent more time just using what works best for them, instead of arguing a toss over which PWNZ0R the other and who is evil and who is not.

Steve Jobs is a sanctimonius, money grabbing, hypocritical businessmen, interested only in himslef, his business and expanding that business as far as possible. Ditto Steve Ballmer. Does that make them evil? No, it makes them business men. This is a capitalist world, thats how it works - by being greedy and doing whatever is possible to screw over the opposition. Why are linux users constantly surprised by this? Wake up.

Also, enough of the evangelising linux crap. People use whats best for them. Sometimes, its not linux. Get over it.

/rant over

FINALLY! A Linux user that sees the light! I completely agree.

Dixon Bainbridge
January 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Not all of it.

Maybe in your head, but in the real world, market forces dictate life, end of argument.

RiceMonster
January 15th, 2009, 01:57 PM
FINALLY! A Linux user that sees the light! I completely agree.

I agree too. I hate this Windows vs. Mac vs. Linux, and how people think Linux should be (or is, for that matter) at war with the other operating systems. Same goes for people who make threads about how Linux users are apparently persecuted.

Kernel Sanders
January 15th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Awful question to ask :(

gn2
January 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Maybe in your head,~

No, not in my head, in Vietnam and other places.

If, as you claim, everything is controlled by market forces, how do you account for the emergence and success of free open source software?

HavocXphere
January 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
No effect.

But I'm sure there is a correlation (causation?) between the moon phase and the number of updates available for kde. /jk

Joeb454
January 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Thread Closed.

I think I'm speaking for most people when I say I think this thread was opened in poor taste.