PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Cursor lag (mouse)

Ole Juul
January 14th, 2009, 04:29 AM
I have a situation where the cursor response is intolerable. There is a lag before the cursor changes when I put it on a link. Sometimes it takes more than a second and it is quite unpleasant.

If it is a misconfiguration I would like to fix it. If the cursor can be given a (much) higher priority, (such as changing "nice") then I would like to know how to do that.

Kubuntu 6.04 on Intel D915gev 2.8Ghz/3GigRam

Ole Juul
January 15th, 2009, 09:16 AM
This problem has been around for a long time. It seems that something is taking time shares away from the cursor. Personally I don't feel that is the right way to do it. If the cursor doesn't take the highest priority then the user does not get the appropiate feedback. An example would be that it becomes impossible to tell if some text is a link or not when looking at some web pages.

Hopefully someone will come up with a fix for this some time in the future. It would also make the system feel better for the user. There is nothing more depressing that a sluggish feel.

I don't know how to code and am grateful for the efforts of those that do, so I will forget about it for now and ask again in a year or two. :)

Cheers,
Ole