PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] new fiesty fawn user

staylor29a11
January 12th, 2009, 11:08 PM
hi, i am new to this, ubuntu is so awesome, it saved part of my hard drive and it didn't have to buy a vista or windows 7 for over a hundred bucks. anyway, i don't know how to install mozilla 3. I had been using it on xp, but now, i don't know how to install software, can someone help me in layman's terms? thanks

samantha

stefangr1
January 12th, 2009, 11:17 PM
You can go to System -> Administration -> Synaptic package manager and then search for firefox, and you can also do it by opening a terminal, and typing:

sudo apt-get install firefox-3.0

However, isn't firefox-3.0 installed by default on the never ubuntu distro's?

whoop
January 12th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Feisty Fawn is outdated and not supported anymore (it was released beginning 2007).

If you are running a fresh install of feisty fawn you might want to consider reinstalling it with a more recent version (Hardy or Intrepid)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

If you want and to upgrade your existing feisty, you are welcome to try. It will not be easy cause feisty is outdated and not an LTS release.
So to get the most recent install you will have to update to Gutsy, then Hardy and then Intrepid.

Once you have upgraded or reinstalled your linux to a recent version firefox 3 will be intalled by default.