PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

neil_kelli
January 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Okay, I'm new to the forums, and I joined one called off topic. I got banned for saying I'm a novice blogger? All I did was add my blog site address and they said it was unwanted spam. I guess that's a rule infraction, but it was innocently done..

will it work here? http://www.cleanbreather.blogspot.com

jespdj
January 12th, 2009, 04:31 PM
In online forums, there are always spammers who open an account, and dump links to their websites on the forum.

If you're new and you submit a post like that, then it might look like you're one of those malicious spammers.

Welcome. Are you an Ubuntu user?

neil_kelli
January 12th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I'm sure there are tricks to this. Any ideas from anyone at all???

http://www.cleanbreather.blogspot.com

.arean
January 12th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Well, this is mostly a support forum for Ubuntu Linux (www.ubuntu.com), not a social forum. You're welcome to stick around but keep in mind most of the things talked about here will be linux related so you might be a little confused at what's being said. If you want to link to your blog just keep it in your sig, unless it's relating to the topic at hand.

overdrank
January 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Hi and one thing is not to spam the forums with post of it. :)
Threads merged

howefield
January 12th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I'm sure there are tricks to this. Any ideas from anyone at all???

Start by putting something interesting on it.

.arean
January 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
The easiest way to get traffic flowing to your blog is to post non spammy comments on other blogs. Google SEO if you just want raw hits or if you plan on monetizing your blog, which from the looks of it is not the case.

Bölvağur
January 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Well, this is mostly a support forum for Ubuntu Linux (www.ubuntu.com), not a social forum.
+1

But about the things that should be considered.
Having only one topic that is specific (like cooking flowers, preferably wild flowers as flowers is not specific enough, other examples could be topics like "how to use grep both in RL and on the computer" and "Review of epic topics, kde vs gnome, avant vs kiro, firefox vs opera, ext vs reiser4").