PDA

View Full Version : Msi Wind vs Eee Pc

binbash
January 12th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hey guys, in 2 days i am going to get a new netbook.The problem is i don't know which one to select, eee pc 1000 or msi wind.Eee pc is 4xx g heavier than msi wind (big issue) and they both have same battery (6 cell), but eee pc's touchpad is better than msi's.

Ubuntu has eee pc edition, did anyone try ubuntu with msi wind?Does it work out of the box?

kamitsukai
January 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Personally I'm getting a Samsung NC10 although if the HP Mini-Note 2140 comes out at under 350 then I'll get that :P I feel that the MSI Wind and the eeePC's look like toys...

uberdonkey5
January 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I love the Eeepc (Xandros of course). Simple, quick and useful. Wish had more volume on it, as I use it as a portable radio sometimes.

Not sure about Msi wind, but I have had a recent problem on eeepc keyboard (6 months old)... the 'w' key seems to lock sometimes, giving me a stream of wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww on the screen.

Portugal released the 'Magellan', which is marketed towards kids, but really is a nice piece of kit for the price and I'd probably have preferred to eeepc. Not sure of availability elsewhere.

Maybe wait a while even... competition is hot and prices are likely to continue to drop.

RookieUbuntuUser58
January 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I have a MSI Wind (top version) and it runs Ubuntu well, everything pretty much works. I would definitely recommend it, I got it for cheaper than a 1000H. Thats the reason I went the MSI Wind route, it was cheaper, had all of the same features, and is lighter than the 1000H.

Check out this forum if you get the Wind. It will help you with the Ubuntu install, drivers, and etc.
http://forums.msiwind.net/

binbash
January 12th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I have a MSI Wind (top version) and it runs Ubuntu well, everything pretty much works. I would definitely recommend it, I got it for cheaper than a 1000H. Thats the reason I went the MSI Wind route, it was cheaper, had all of the same features, and is lighter than the 1000H.

Check out this forum if you get the Wind. It will help you with the Ubuntu install, drivers, and etc.
http://forums.msiwind.net/

the only thing i do not want to buy eee pc 1000 is its weight.It is way heavier than msi wind.

Thanks for posting and the link.

binbash
January 12th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Personally I'm getting a Samsung NC10 although if the HP Mini-Note 2140 comes out at under 350 then I'll get that :P I feel that the MSI Wind and the eeePC's look like toys...

Price is not important for me, i mean 50 100$ difference : ) I checked samsung after your post, it is 1.33kg = 330g heavier than msi wind .

wishyjr
January 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM
i havew used all of the netboks mentioned. i'd recommend the msi wind (as thats the one i own) but the samsung impressed me also. I didn't like the eeepc to be honest (but i like the look of the eeetop though :) )