PDA

View Full Version : EEE PC on sale $199 at Best Buy in KY

I-75
January 12th, 2009, 05:25 AM
EEE PC $199 at Best Buy

FYI ...Best Buy is selling the Linux version with the 4 GB Drive for $199. I picked up a open box (customer return) for $185. It wasn't listed in its Sunday (weekly) advertisements. But it was at one of the Best Buy's in KY.

bsharp
January 12th, 2009, 05:26 AM
My Best Buy doesn't carry netbooks :(

wolfen69
January 12th, 2009, 05:32 AM
My Best Buy doesn't carry netbooks :(

neither does mine. i bought mine at BJ's Wholesale.

Noblacktie
January 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Man, you guys have it so good.

Same thing here in Malaysia would be more than $300.

And they'd make you buy XP with it.

notwen
January 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Where abouts in KY? I mean one Best Buy in the whole state of Kentucky, I don't like my chances of stumbling across it. =]

richg
January 12th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I have had a 4G EEE PC since they first came out. Great little PC for traveling, I paid about $480 US, not for a primary PC. Installed a 4gb media. The Xandros OS is very nice if you do not like messing with the OS. I would rather use a PC as intended.
My stepson bought the 2G model for E book reading only. He uses it a lot.
His primary PC is an older XP laptop.

Rich

I-75
January 13th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Where abouts in KY? I mean one Best Buy in the whole state of Kentucky, I don't like my chances of stumbling across it. =]

Florence KY on Mall Road

mamamia88
January 13th, 2009, 01:01 AM
thats cool i guess how well can you type on it? i saw one at target the other day and it looked impossible to type on with the small keys

cardinals_fan
January 13th, 2009, 01:59 AM
thats cool i guess how well can you type on it? i saw one at target the other day and it looked impossible to type on with the small keys
It's a totally different machine, but I tried out a Lenovo Ideapad S10 in Circuit City a month or two ago and was very impressed by the keyboard. I hate all laptop keyboards, and this didn't feel any worse than a full-sized one.