PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel like you have a sense of community? Do you give back?

wolfen69
January 11th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I love linux more than most things in life. i love helping people. i love testing out new distros and giving an opinion. i wrote a couple of "How To's", and tried to help those that may be struggling with something. i love ubuntu and linux. i don't care how good windows 7 is, there's is a great community that microsoft can't match. to me, that means something. how do you feel?

heck, even people that don't like ubuntu hang out here. that says alot.

FuturePilot
January 11th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I agree with what you said. I have done, and still do contribute stuff back to the community. I've helped out a lot here on the forum, I've also written a number of how-to's on my blog, I report bugs when I find them, and I help out a bit with testing the next Ubuntu release. The community is one of the things that sets Ubuntu, and Linux in general, apart from the other OSes out there. I just love helping people out. It's always a rewarding feeling to hear back from someone you helped and they're all excited because you were able to solve their issue. :)

namegame
January 11th, 2009, 06:34 AM
I don't really give back much in the way of tangible/visible things. However, I tend to use Alpha/Beta software/distributions and I also report Bugs if I find them. I do help a lot of my friends/co-workers with Linux issues.

I'm also one of those people that isn't very fond of Ubuntu, but the community here is great. :)