PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Compiz on Daru3?

AmishSexy
January 11th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Is compiz support on the Daru3 impossible or do we just have to wait for intel to update the drivers?

ReelExterminator
January 11th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Would this be the reason Google Earth has completely corrupted graphics when I have desktop effects enabled? I've got a Gazelle Ultra with the Intel card. Where can I find out more about this driver issue?

schmindy
January 11th, 2009, 01:50 PM
http://knowledge76.com/index.php/GutsyCompizIntelX3100 maybe that would help? Otherwise try going into appearance settings then visual effects and to click normal or extra.

Spr0k3t
January 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Trying to figure out what you mean there "is compiz support on the Daru3 impossible" as I have compiz working just fine. The HD4500 Intel graphics processor should handle Compiz without any problems.

Can you give some details regarding your issue?

AmishSexy
January 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I go to System|Preferences|Appearence and click on the Visual Effects tab. I then click on either normal or extra (it doesn't seem to matter I get the same result) and a progress bar pops up with the message "Searching for drivers" and never goes above 0%. A dialog box then pops up saying "Visual Effects could not be enabled".

thomasaaron
January 12th, 2009, 05:40 PM
That should be all you need to do to enable them. So, something elsewhere has broken it, as compiz is actually enabled by default when you get the machine.

What software have you installed (or what configuration changes have you made) since getting the computer?

AmishSexy
January 13th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Compiz didn't work out of the box but i didnt try it until after I had installed a bunch of packages. I just reinstalled ubuntu which worked perfectly thanks to the seperate / and /home partitions that system76 set up and now compositing is working. Thanks for your help I'm a much happier system76 owner now :)

thomasaaron
January 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM
All's well that ends well.