PDA

View Full Version : How hot is your office?

Spr0k3t
January 9th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Okay... I'm working in an office building and the boss keeps the thermostats set to 75ºF (24ºC for everyone else in the world because Metric just flat out rules). Now the problem is, even though the heater is set to 75º, the office still gets to 86ºF (30ºC) due to other offices in the building.

Just curious to know if others are suffering like me. I'm best in temps around 20ºC (that's 68ºF for those who haven't converted to metric yet).

SEND ICE!

%hMa@?b<C
January 9th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I like the temperature around 77-80 F
Although my family likes it much colder, so I have to deal with cold temperatures.

Mason Whitaker
January 9th, 2009, 11:36 PM
High 50s and Low 60s for me <_<

I've always liked colder temperatures, I work more efficiently.

uberdonkey5
January 9th, 2009, 11:46 PM
there are usually min and max temperatures that are considered acceptable working conditions. Why not go in a pink g-string till the boss turns the heating down :D

Dr Small
January 9th, 2009, 11:48 PM
My Dad works in 80-90F year round, because they have steam pipes overhead. I think they run an airconditioner all year long.

hatten
January 10th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I'm sorry, cannot you post in Kelvin? I'm unable to convert to anything else because Kelvin flat out rules.

Jokes aside I'm used to 18-19 degrees in my room. Sometimes as low as 17 in the morning before I've started the computer, then slowly increasing under the day:D In my school it is too cold at winter and too hot an summer, always.

Sealbhach
January 10th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I don't think Fahrenheit is anything to do with the metric system. It's just a different scale.

Northsider
January 10th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I wish it was hot...I'm always bundled up in my hoodie because it's so cold!

MikeTheC
January 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I live in Florida, so for most of the year, "freezing one's anatomy off" is really not an issue.

My preference is for an environment between roughly 531.67 and 536.67 degrees Rankine, actually, which is a thoroughly awesome measurement system because it was developed by a Scot.

And, as no doubt we all know (thanks to Austin Powers) "If it's not Scottish, it's crap." ;)

Oh yeah, and I measure things in picas and points, too. For instance, I'm 451p6 tall.

-grubby
January 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
It ranges from really cold to moderately warm on the nathangrubb scale.

schauerlich
January 10th, 2009, 08:13 AM
It ranges from really cold to moderately warm on the nathangrubb scale.

Also known as the Fail Scale.