PDA

View Full Version : Bluefish help in pull-down menu for links on site

protean.star
January 9th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hi,
I have installed Bluefish 1.07, am running UBUNTU eee (Hardy Heron 8.04) on a eee pc1000. I also have other HTML editors, but I don't think they are up to the task. Other editors I have installed on the eee are Kompozer, Screem, Amaya, Seamonkey, and Openoffice.org suite. I will probably uninstall the editors that I don't need.

Want to work over my website and get the navigation links to pages on my website onto pull-down menus, to save space and make the design more user-friendly.

How would I do that??

thanks for knowledgeable help.

protean.star
January 10th, 2009, 06:05 AM
OK, I have been studying the bluefish program, and I have been able to use the HTML tag 'optgroup' to make a pull-down or drop-down menu. That part is great. But I don't know how to make the links to my pages active. Here are two screenshots. First one is in Bluefish, second one is how the page previews in Firefox.

Thanks for any knowledgeable help.I think this should be able to be done in a simple way, probably with just a text editor, if I knew how to do it.

protean.star
January 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM
OK, I have been studying the bluefish program, and I have been able to use the HTML tag 'optgroup' to make a pull-down or drop-down menu. That part is great. But I don't know how to make the links to my pages active. Here are two screenshots. First one is in Bluefish, second one is how the page previews in Firefox.

Thanks for any knowledgeable help.I think this should be able to be done in a simple way, probably with just a text editor, if I knew how to do it.

OK,I have had no response from anyone.

I am still trying to work this out. I have made the link an absolute link, as you can see from the screenshots, and it still does not work.