PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MicroSDHC Support?

jpoRS
January 9th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hello,

I am looking to get a memory card for my phone, and I found a good price for a microSDHC (as opposed to a microSD). I know my phone is microSDHC compatable, but is my computer?

I have read some places about people having issues getting their card to work with their computer, but I don't know if the problem is something unique about HC cards or if the people I have been reading don't realize that you need an adapter to put a microSD sized card in a standard SD card reader.

I have a Panp4i, 8.10.

Thanks!
jim

thomasaaron
January 9th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hi, Jim.

We've not tested that, but it should work. There is not slot on the computer for it, so you would need the microSDHC to SD adapter.

Lee_Machine
January 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I have a plethora of memory cards around the house from various toys and I have found that with my panp4n and an all in one USB memory card reader Ubuntu works just fine with SDmini and Micro

jpoRS
January 10th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I knew I would need an adapter to put a microSD in the SD slot. I think my problem is that I am letting people who don't know what they are talking about confuse me. People (not here) were talking about microSDHC cards not being supported by SD card devices.

I suspected that they just didn't understand that there is a difference between microSD and SD cards, but I wanted to check to make sure that there isn't some difference with SDHC cards I wasn't familiar with.

Thanks all,
jim

tcrapper
January 11th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I think the card reader has to be SDHC compatible. I don't know for sure, I've never tried it.

former_warper
January 12th, 2009, 05:26 AM
I just bought a SDHC micro SD card for my Onda vx777LE. I came with a USB adapter. I also tried it in a SD adater.

Works fine on my Serval.

thomasaaron
February 25th, 2009, 04:54 PM
SDHC cards work fine.

jpoRS
February 27th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I guess I should have shared my findings with future readers.

Like T-Aaron said, SDHC works fine.