PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] burning gamecube games

darkcodemonkey
January 9th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I have some gamecube games I wish to copy because they are a little on the scratched side, (not bad but could be better). Anyway, I ripped the game from the disk using a Wii and copied it to my computer. to burn it to DVD, do I need a special program or will any run of the mill program work.
Thanks in advance

atngplusultra
January 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
what kind of file is it that you want to burn?

darkcodemonkey
January 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
a .iso image
(EX: Metroid Prime.iso)

atngplusultra
January 9th, 2009, 04:04 PM
good, that sounds normal.
you should be able to right click an .iso, and select the "Write to Disc" option, and that should do it.
of course, with Gamecube, you'd need blank mini-discs, right? so, if you've got those, you're set.

darkcodemonkey
January 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I tried burning it to DVD (since I have a Wii) by right clicking, and it said "the file '..... .iso' is not a valid disk image." So instead I used another program, Braeso, I think is what it was called, something along those lines and so burned it to DVD by clicking on burn disk image (used for burning like DVD video images and stuff). But, when I popped it into my wii, it said it couldn't read the disk. :confused: I'm fairly sure it is modded, unless you can get the homebrew channel by connecting your wii to the computer and install it that way. Any help anyone could give me would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

PS: Is it because in the program I should have burned it as a data CD/DVD, or is it something else all together, thanks.

scorp123
January 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM
do I need a special program or will any run of the mill program work.

Entering "copying gamecube disks" into Google should provide you with all the help you need.

sub2007
January 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
As I understand it, for a Wii to play a Wii or Gamecube disk then it must have a code written into a special area on the disk that normal DVD burners do not write to. You would have to use a workaround solution to evade this checking which are illegal and hence can't be discussed here (but a web search will help).

isacvale
January 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
Well, actually although "right-clicking" won't work (it always says it's not a valid image), Brasero works just perfectly. If your wii cannot read a backup, it's either not chipped, or your image is actually damaged. As far as I've read it's not illegal to chip it, although there are other softer options (have a search for "waninkoko") -and yes, you can have the homebrew on an unmodded box.

Well, sorry for going on about the wii. As far as this forum is concerned, Brasero burn the isos without a problem

HunterK
January 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Entering "copying gamecube disks" into Google should provide you with all the help you need.

Ahh, the wonders of google. Its amazing how many people out there still don't at least type their questions in there first. Not trying to dog the OP, just expressing myself.