PDA

View Full Version : FOSS wedding planning!

toupeiro
January 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I just sort of made a realization this evening while working on some finishing touches of a few projects for my Fiance's and my upcoming wedding that all computer assisted tasks in all the planning have been done with ubuntu and Linux based applications! This might not seem like a big deal to many, and it almost went unrealized by me as well, but I thought it was worth a share.

Between Gimp, Freemind, gLabels, OpenOffice, Kontact, and Audacity, I was never in a situation where I didn't have an application I needed for the task right at my fingertips.

I know a lot of people still believe Linux is not ready for the desktop, but the fact that I was able to help prepare for one of the biggest days in my life without the slightest feature lacking to remind me that I am running something that is not Windows, I think is a testament to how far Ubuntu, and Linux in general, has come as an Operating System. All my attention has been focused on the work I was doing, not what I was doing it with, until this reflection. This is as it should be!

Anyhow, cheers!

-T.

ProgramErgoSum
January 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Advance congratulations and best wishes for your marriage !

You know...you might have a tiny germ of an idea for a social networking based website dedicated for Wedding Planning.

Lucradia
March 7th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I also hope you have a Free and Open Life. ;)