PDA

View Full Version : Halo has really good music!

cardinals_fan
January 9th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I'll start this by saying that I detest shooting games, Halo in particular. However, one of the pieces we're playing in band is a suite of music from various video games (http://www.alfred-music.com/product_info.php?products_id=5565), and the Halo movement is really fun to play (2nd clarinet part). The Civilization IV movement is also great.

MaxIBoy
January 9th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Halo has won awards for its music. You know what's interesting? In Halo: Combat Evolved for PC (at the very least,) sound is encoded with Vorbis. I discovered this by accident: my NTFS partition got corrupted, and I used photorec to get some of my files back, and their provided Python script to sort the files into directories by file extension. In the "ogg" folder, I found some dialog and music from Halo.

(I thought Halo's singleplayer was very good, but the multiplayer was... lacking.)

cardinals_fan
January 9th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Interesting...

Polygon
January 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
(I thought Halo's singleplayer was very good, but the multiplayer was... lacking.)

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

*wipes eyes* that was a pretty funny joke there.

seriously. halo's singleplayer sucks. horribly. HORRIBLY.

but the music was good.

RPG Master
January 9th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Halo's single player was meh, the multi-player was pretty good, but the music was awesome! All three games had great music.

I have the Halo 3 OST on my Sansa Fuze :)

chris4585
January 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I actually saved the Civilization IV music folder, I like a few songs from there, after a while of listening to the same things, you start to like it