PDA

View Full Version : Yay!

Captain_tux
January 9th, 2009, 01:40 AM
The forums are back!

Started displaying withdrawal symptoms about an hour ago ;)

TekmonX
January 9th, 2009, 02:30 AM
The forums are back!

Started displaying withdrawal symptoms about an hour ago ;)

Yes, we are back online, I was wanting to ask more questions on ubuntu.

Captain_tux
January 14th, 2009, 02:24 AM
What's going on with the Forums?

They were down again, this time for the better part of a day...

blueshiftoverwatch
January 14th, 2009, 02:50 AM
You don't realize how much of the information you might be looking for is on these forums until you can't access them for several hours. You don't even have to be searching for information on these forums in particular. You might be doing a web search on how to fix a problem and a thread from these forums with the relevant information shows up near the top of the list of results.

KiwiNZ
January 14th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Ubuntu Geek and the guys from Canonical have put in many hours work. U-G has had very little sleep over the last few days due to this .

He will post when he is rested .

An enormous debt of gratitude is due for the work and dedication .

sydbat
January 14th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I think they are still having some problems...took me 8 or 9 times just to log in (more precisely, to 'stay' logged in...it kept saying "Thank you for logging in" then went back to not being logged in).

I agree with the withdrawal sentiment...kinda like jonesing for a smoke...(yes I am quitting)...

smartboyathome
January 14th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Ubuntu Geek and the guys from Canonical have put in many hours work. U-G has had very little sleep over the last few days due to this .

He will post when he is rested .

An enormous debt of gratitude is due for the work and dedication .

If I had any spare change to donate to UF, I would donate it straight away. That is how happy I am to them for all this work, with no benefits for them. :)

TVTrukChik
January 14th, 2009, 05:00 AM
You don't realize how much of the information you might be looking for is on these forums until you can't access them for several hours. You don't even have to be searching for information on these forums in particular. You might be doing a web search on how to fix a problem and a thread from these forums with the relevant information shows up near the top of the list of results.

These forums still helped me figure out a problem today, even though they were down... yay for Google's "cached" pages! :D

thegreenblob
January 14th, 2009, 06:12 AM

Ha. I know what you mean. At least 2 google searches of mine today while it was down came up as here as the first result.

And yeah, also glad it's back up. :P

EdThaSlayer
January 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Ubuntuforums is my brain, when my biological one is asleep.

cardinals_fan
January 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I'll +1 all the thank-yous to Ubuntu-Geek and everyone else who keeps these forums running smoothly. You have a tough job, and you rise to the occaison magnificently :)

I would be interested to know about the issues that caused the recent outages.

shatteredmindofbob
January 14th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'll +1 all the thank-yous to Ubuntu-Geek and everyone else who keeps these forums running smoothly. You have a tough job, and you rise to the occaison magnificently :)

I would be interested to know about the issues that caused the recent outages.

Would also like to express appreciation for everyone who lost sleep to get things back up.

Forum addiction is serious business. I mean, I'm back on Windows and I was still in withdrawal...

christian8807
January 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Lol, so true. I tried to watch Band of Brothers on Ubuntu and couldn't, but I couldn't watch it until the forums were back up to find out why :P
I've got it working now though :popcorn: