PDA

View Full Version : CSI, Damages, House MD, NCIS, Law&Order, Monk, etc

neoflight
January 8th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I like House MD the most. and hate CSI Miami the most (Rambo could have thrown more heavy punches in 'First Blood' on that guy. he simply can't act or maintain eye contact)

how about u ?

add your favorite shows :)

cardinals_fan
January 8th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I don't watch TV shows often, but I've seen three or four Closer episodes and they were pretty good.

pluviosity
January 8th, 2009, 04:36 AM
House, Doctor Who, and Supernatural.

Those are all I need.

Spr0k3t
January 8th, 2009, 04:44 AM
I've seen a couple episodes of the various CSI shows. I used to watch L&O a long time ago. I can count the number of Monk episodes I've seen on one hand. House I catch in passing.

Now for the rest... I've never heard of Damages, NCIS, Burn Notice, or Closer.

My two favorites: Lost & Boston Legal

sigurnjak
January 8th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I canncelled my tv 2 months ago . i don't miss it at all.

I-75
January 8th, 2009, 04:50 AM
I rarely watch TV with some exceptions.

House
Ghost Whisperer
American Idol

Plus a handful of satellite channels like
History channel
History Channel International
National Geographic
Science Channel
Military Channel
Discovery Channel

500 channels and nothing to watch...lol

gletob
January 8th, 2009, 05:14 AM
1. CSI (Only vegas I can't stand NY or Miami)
2. NCIS (Abby & Ducky are my favorites)
3. Bones
4. House

kevin11951
January 8th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Ive noticed NCIS has a ton of open source puns...

so far:

* "Celestia is an open source project, that allows you to edit anything!" (trying to find a man who hides his journal inside a galaxy he created on Celestia)

* "One mans linux is another's os/2" (explaining social behaviors to an extreme geek)

They also seem to be pretty spot on with a few other computer things.

neoflight
January 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
i watched ncis just to check it out and i hated it...very artificial.

gnomeuser
January 11th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I have a lot of shows I watch, I am big on TV show DVDs.

Currently I am big on:

American Dad!

Bones (but I am dropping this soon, they killed it)

Californication

Dexter (best thing on TV currently and it just got renewed for season 4 and 5)

Eleventh Hour (but this one is not panning out as well as I hoped, dropping soon)

Flashpoint

House (I miss the science though, it has become to character driven now)

Monk (but mostly because now I want to know the Trudy storyline, the rest of the show is rather lame)

Mythbusters (Science never gets old)

NCIS

Numb3rs (A little sick of the Don going religious storyline though)

Penn & Teller's ******** (Great when they keep their wacky libertarian views out of it and leaves it to evidence based woo-woo bashing)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

The Big Bang Theory

The Mentalist (funny, interesting and they don't milk their mythology storyline to much.. I feel this has great potential)

The Universe (more science, I just wish they wouldn't have done those episodes on theorical items like string theory and made them sound like proven science)

Weeds

Shows I wish there were more of:

Firefly

Jericho

Journeyman

All three were great.

nerd0795
January 11th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Law & Order (even the 2 spin-offs aka: Law & Order: SVU and Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and NCIS.

Onyros
January 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Aaaah, I was gonna say: "what, no one likes Dexter??".

My favourite, without a doubt. Great taste, gnomeuser (and the "Assassination of Jesse James" was indeed a very, very good movie).

I also watch House MD and some Nip Tuck, my wife loves Grey's Anatomy - had to go through the last episode with her. That's as soap opera as a series can get :P

Other than that, I'm a fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm and an English comedy series named Peep Show (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peep_Show_(TV_series)).

ZuLuuuuuu
January 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Lost is my current favorite one. And Seinfeld is the all-time favorite.

bonzodog
January 11th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I will admit to being a fan of CSI:Miami, and numb3rs.
I find numb3rs very intriguing, the way he comes up with mathematical solutions to some of the crimes, and some of the background stories are good too.

I dont really understand why no-one likes CSI Miami, apart from some of the acting, and a few bad points in the episodic script.

The underlying long term stories in CSI Miami are actually very well written and thought out, and I do like how they've tried to add a "mysterious" kind of background persona to Horatio, like he seems to know things about military departments of the US government, and seems to know certain high ranking officials.

diablo75
January 11th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I just wish Married With Children were still on broadcast TV.

Edit: Holy crap: http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=Married...With+Children

chucky chuckaluck
January 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
how tf can anyone watch 'monk'? i can't even stand the ads.

Frak
January 11th, 2009, 11:15 PM
NCIS and House MD are my fav.

"I've found out who Amy is in McGee's story, it's you Zeeva :O"

blackened
January 11th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Where's the "None of the above" option? Gave up TV years ago. Found it was interrupting my internet time.

I have been known to keep up with Lost and Dexter though.

samjh
January 12th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Law & Order is my favourite.

I like NCIS and Bones too, but they have considerable amount of technical fantasy. Law & Order is a little more grounded.

Giant Speck
January 12th, 2009, 12:33 AM
In order:

1. House
2. The 4400 (sadly cancelled)
3. Firefly (sadly cancelled)
4. Heroes
4. Monk

Redache
January 12th, 2009, 12:33 AM
House,Bones and Dexter are my Favourites. Bones is suprisingly good for what it is, I can't stand CSI, Monk etc. They're just drivel to me.

Thelasko
January 12th, 2009, 04:33 PM
1. House
2. Burn Notice (close second)

If you haven't seen Burn Notice, give it a try. It's kinda like Macgyver without the cheese/mullet. It's on Thursday night (season premier this week!) on USA Network (cable) in the US. Old episodes are available on Hulu (US only, sorry).

I used to watch Monk, but after the first season, I was able to figure out "who done it" before Monk could. I will watch NCIS on occasion, but the only interesting character is Abby. There are just too many Law & Orders, and since Jerry Orbach (Lenny) died, the original is just not the same. Most of the new Law & Orders seem to focus less on law and order, and more on the police officers' personal lives.

I've basically cut my TV watching down to just two shows, House and Burn Notice.

amazingtaters
January 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Lost is my number one. House is up there too, along with Scrubs and The Office, and Burn Notice is always a must watch as well.

mips
January 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM
House. I just love the wit, sarcasm & dry humour :)

toupeiro
January 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Out of all of those, I like House the best! Thats a great series!

My favorite series are:

Heroes
House
True Blood (HBO)
Big Love (HBO)
Real Time w/ Bill Maher (HBO)

Thats really all I watch on TV.

SomeGuyDude
January 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I am counting down the days for LOST's return, baby. :popcorn:

billgoldberg
January 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I like House MD the most. and hate CSI Miami the most (Rambo could have thrown more heavy punches in 'First Blood' on that guy. he simply can't act or maintain eye contact)

how about u ?

add your favorite shows :)

I hate, yes really hate every single show in the list.

Making me watch House MD, CSI, NCIS for more than 5 minutes would drive me crazy. As soon as I see any of the male leads in that show I start getting angry and am ready to pound someone in the face.

My favorite shows on now is The Unit.

When Lost and BSG is back on, than these.

SGA was great, but has ended, ditto for The Shield.

Others (still running) worth mentioning are 24, Prison Break, Smallville, Doctor Who, Supernatural and Terminator: TSCC.

mips
January 12th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Other good shows I enjoy are Spooks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spooks) & My Family (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Family) and I don't see Dr. Who in the list

I have a preference for the UK stuff, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain%27s_Best_Sitcom

forrestcupp
January 12th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Other:

Saw the first two awesome hours last night, and can't wait to see the next 2 tonight.

neoflight
February 5th, 2009, 05:07 AM
i like the wit and sarcasm in house too..
Brian Haig's (fiction author-military version of John Grisham ) character is similar.