PDA

View Full Version : Getting new Xbox 360; Pro or Elite?

OutOfReach
January 8th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Hello there. I am in need of a new 360, since my old one (of one year) kept freezing up and was eventually unplayable with any game (hah, had you thinking it was the dreaded RRoD, huh?). Thankfully (and I really am thankful for this) I bought the 2 year warranty from Radioshack. I shipped out the Xbox 360 to Texas by UPS and in return Radioshack gave me a gift card loaded with $375.

The old Xbox had a 20 gig hard drive and I believe was discontinued. I now have to choose between the Elite and the Pro. What is the difference? The only difference I see is the 120 gb hdd (versus 60 gig of the Pro) and the inclusion of digital audio in the Elite. (both of which I won't really need). And of course the price.
Is there some other hardware difference? (Graphics card, etc, etc...)

The Pro costs $300 and the Elite (~$400). I can't possibly spare any more money in addition to the gift card money.

So...Shall I just grab the Pro and a copy Gears of War 2 (the cousin is pressuring me to try it). Or earn up for the Elite (with Gears of War 2 of course)?

waapwoop1
January 8th, 2009, 02:13 AM
do they both have HDMI

gletob
January 8th, 2009, 02:20 AM
They both do digital audio and hdmi.

The elite is black and has 120 GB drive.

That's pretty much it.

kyroha
January 8th, 2009, 02:24 AM
yep, no difference other than the size of the HDD and the color. so unless you really like black instead of white I wouldn't play the extra $100 for the elite, You can always upgrade the HDD later if 60GB ends up getting full.

Joeb454
January 8th, 2009, 02:29 AM
With the introduction of HDMI & subsequently the 60GB hard drives, I don't really see the point in getting the Elite anymore.

Pro has my vote :)

shadowdude1794
January 8th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Get the low end one (Arcade I think?) and then purchase a used hard drive from Amazon or Ebay. Saves a lot of money.
Edit: The Arcade has HDMI.