PDA

View Full Version : [other] LXDE Customization...

icanfly0307
January 7th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Hi,
I installed LXDE on my 256MB 1Ghz laptop and so far, I'm impressed by its speed. I'm currently trying to make it look like GNOME so I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to get the "Applications, Places, and System" menus on the top menubar?

2. Is there anyway at all to change the Desktop Icon's order and remove the "My Documents" icon?

3. I really want the Ubuntu brown window borders back like they were in GNOME. Is there a way to use them in LXDE?

Thanks for your help! :)

adamlau
January 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
1. You can get 'Application' and 'Places' icons without text on the top panel. The mouse driven config can be extremely time consuming to customize.

2. You can right-click in an open area on the Desktop to change the display order, but not the alignment. Unless the source is modified before compilation, there is no other method as of yet to remove the My Documents icon. You can always choose to not have the LXDE WM manage the Desktop.

3. You can use Ubuntu default Human and GNOME icon themes in LXDE. The look and feel may not be exact, but it comes close.

icanfly0307
January 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. So there's no way to get the text next the Applications and Places Menubar? It looks really ugly without it. And could you tell me how to access the mouse driven config? I don't mind spending time customizing my computer. Thanks! :-)