PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installations failing

dustinadamsmith
January 7th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I am trying to install Ubuntu 8.10 on an Asus A7V8X-X but the installations keep failing at the same point. I start the PC, select English, and then Install. The Ubuntu logo and the progress bar appears, then the installer crashes and it goes to the desktop as though I started the Live CD. Then after a few moments all the gnome menu items crash and anything that I try to open crashes as well. Any help or info would be appreciated.

overdrank
January 7th, 2009, 02:13 AM
I am trying to install Ubuntu 8.10 on an Asus A7V8X-X but the installations keep failing at the same point. I start the PC, select English, and then Install. The Ubuntu logo and the progress bar appears, then the installer crashes and it goes to the desktop as though I started the Live CD. Then after a few moments all the gnome menu items crash and anything that I try to open crashes as well. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Hi and have you checked the cd for defects? Also could you tell us the amount of memory and graphics card?
These may have some issues with the installation. Also there is two options on the start or install page, try without changes to your system and install Ubuntu which is the second. Which are you selecting.