PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Plz help me get Wnndows XP spce allocated for Ubuntu

jithesh_e_j
January 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
:(one of my friends tried to install Ubuntu in his system. He was using Windows XP and his E drive was about 50 GB. He aborted installation in the middle. But when he logged in to windows, his E drive size was 29 GB. Is there any way to get the space allocated for Ubuntu and to convert it to NTFS? Please help....It's urgent....

oilchangeguy
January 6th, 2009, 09:21 PM
:(one of my friends tried to install Ubuntu in his system. He was using Windows XP and his E drive was about 50 GB. He aborted installation in the middle. But when he logged in to windows, his E drive size was 29 GB. Is there any way to get the space allocated for Ubuntu and to convert it to NTFS? Please help....It's urgent....

simply boot from the live cd. when the desktop loads go to system, admin, partition manager. then highlight the ubuntu partition, delete it. and expand the windows partition. or in windows, go to the control panel, services, computer management, disk management. locate the partition, delete it, then format the space.
also, please use normal fonts.