PDA

View Full Version : #@%#% Chapped hands!

majikstreet
December 14th, 2005, 01:44 AM
GRR!

One reason I hate winter is because I always get chapped hands... And I can't stand greasy creams to put on them... Right now I have little cuts on my knuckles because of the chappedness... It's painful and sometimes itchy.. anybody else have this?

majikstreet

cstudent
December 14th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the club. :(

prizrak
December 14th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Never had that, get chapped lips sometimes tho. You might want to try regular lotions, the ones that aren't greesy just moisturizing. Should help at least a little. There is also gloves ;)

BWF89
December 14th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Where do you live majikstreet?

Zhanna
December 14th, 2005, 02:21 AM
I've had the same problem from time to time. I can't stand greasy stuff on my hands either. My mother suggested putting on some cream at night just before I go to bed, putting cotton gloves over it if the chapping is really bad. It sounds goofy but it does work, and since I'm asleep I'm not bothered by the stickiness or greasiness of the lotion.

My friend swears by drinking lots and lots of water. I've been doing this recently, and it seems to have helped quite a bit with dry skin on my hands, feet, face and lips.

~Zhanna

benplaut
December 14th, 2005, 02:41 AM
/me pops into thread
/me walks out of thread
/me got no meaning from thread

dontcha love me? :D :D :D :D

almahtar
December 14th, 2005, 06:52 AM
I have that problem, times a million... I have ictheosis vulgaris... gives me very dry chapped skin, especially in temperature extremes, especially on hands and feet. I just use lotion (not using it is just NOT an option), and keep socks on my feet and gloves on my hands as much of the day (and at least all night) as I can. It somehow helps to retain moisture. Drinking lots of water is good for it too.

It doesn't solve the problem... nothing does, but at least it's livable if I use shower time to exfoliate a lot, lotion immediately after, lotion frequently, drink lots of water, and keep socks/gloves on at night.

I seriously envy people with normal skin.

Arktis
December 14th, 2005, 11:29 AM
This is likely the one and only case where it pays to have clamy hands. If you do, then you're probably never gonna have this problem.

majikstreet
December 14th, 2005, 10:27 PM
I live in Maryland...

I envy people with normal skin, skinny people, people who have normal eyes (don't need glasses), rich people, people without allergies or asthma, and people without any medical problems, espcially mental problems.

I have some wierd allergies: some type of foam inside a shoe (I don't wear socks, so I had a huge problem with one shoe, but I may start wearing socks again), wetsuits (haven't looked for a hypoallergenic one, if there is one..), soft contacts, maybe more..

prizrak
December 14th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I live in Maryland...

I envy people with normal skin, skinny people, people who have normal eyes (don't need glasses), rich people, people without allergies or asthma, and people without any medical problems, espcially mental problems.

I have some wierd allergies: some type of foam inside a shoe (I don't wear socks, so I had a huge problem with one shoe, but I may start wearing socks again), wetsuits (haven't looked for a hypoallergenic one, if there is one..), soft contacts, maybe more..
That sux dude, though you do sound like a stereotypical geek :)

erikpiper
December 14th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Water
Water
Lotion
Humidifier
Water
Water

:(
My hands arent chapped today! ?????? They have been for the last month...
Lips as bad as ever.
And still sick
And I still have glasses..

majikstreet
December 14th, 2005, 10:36 PM
/me kicks prizrak.

earobinson
December 14th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I have never had chaped hands .....

erikpiper
December 14th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Lucky

prizrak
December 14th, 2005, 11:16 PM
/me kicks prizrak.
You can't kick a prizrak!!! (prizrak means ghost) :D

majikstreet
December 15th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Grr.

spdl
December 15th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Dude, this is the first Winter that I started getting chapped hands with cracks/cuts on the knuckles. It sucks!

I been wondering about them, using lotions and stuff. It's so funny that you posted about it though.

super
December 15th, 2005, 03:29 AM
i don't get chapped hands or lips. but i hate the winter anyways. i just try stay inside all the time. thank goodness for portuguese sports bars, i can watch soccer 24/7! ;)

I live in Maryland...

whoa! life sounds rough, dude!
i guess i have normal skin. i am skinny, i don't need glasses, i don't have allergies, asthma, or any medical problems.
but you don't want to envy me, or anybody else.
there's no life better than the one you've got! :D

majikstreet
December 15th, 2005, 11:42 PM
and that's not all of my problems even... add a huge slice of bullying pie and you have the recipie for suicide..