PDA

View Full Version : Good Tablet PCs

jeyaganesh
January 6th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hi,
which is the good tablet PC available in the market? why tablet PCs are not so popular as ordinary laptops? Anyone using Ubuntu on tablet PC?:D

Thanks in advance!

aaaantoine
January 6th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hi,
which is the good tablet PC available in the market?
Couldn't tell you, but...

why tablet PCs are not so popular as ordinary laptops?
A few reasons, really:
1. They are more expensive because it costs more to make a touch screen than a regular LCD screen.
2. Mouse movement is much less comfortable because you have to tap or move your stylus over a larger area than you would with a mouse.
3. Not as many manufacturers build them. I only know of HP and Toshiba being in this market. Therefore, it's harder to find competitive prices.
4. More moving parts (swivel screens) = easier to break = less portable.

venator260
January 6th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I'm using an older one right now; Toshiba Portege M200.

I like it, small and durable enough for my uses... I treat it like a book at school with no problems so far.

Favux
January 7th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Hi jeyaganesh,

There are a bunch of manufacturers: Fujitsu, Toshiba, Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.

They cost more because they have a digitizer built into them.

Lots of people are using Ubuntu on their tablet pc's.

Which tablet pc is best for you depends on what you want to do. HP has a new one out with a multitouch screen.

jeyaganesh
January 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks all! Now Asus announced new tablet pc - Eee PC T91 :D

leg
January 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Currently have a hp tc4200 and I quite like it even though it is too heavy. Have seen this one (http://www.motioncomputing.co.uk/products/index_in_alt.asp?gclid=CNOFlJOA_JcCFQsh3godjQW4DA) from motion and I think it looks quite good. I have no idea if everything is compatible with Linux yet though.

jeyaganesh
January 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Dell's Latitude tablet pc got few negative feedback because of its slow processing power.