PDA

View Full Version : Flash (.swf) saver for Linux

dolny
December 14th, 2005, 01:07 AM
I really didn't know where to put it. So I'll ask here and maybe the mods will move it somewhere. Is there a .swf file saver for Linux? Some kind of browser plugin or something like that.

bionnaki
December 14th, 2005, 01:14 AM
In firefox, if you go to tools>page info>media
you can select the flash & "save as..."

matthew
December 14th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Wow. I had never opened that menu options in Firefox (which is unusual...I generally tinker with everything). That's cool. Thanks for the info!

dolny
December 14th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Anybody has a clue how to do it with Opera?

iamrizki
January 3rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
how about file .flv, the other type of flash file? can it also applied here?

roachk71
January 3rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Right-clicking and saving never worked for me, so I use the Video DownloadHelper Add-on for .flv files. And, since I own a PSP, I had to download and install PSPVC.

If you own a PSP and are interested in watching downloaded videos on that, you can find PSPVC here (http://pspvc.sourceforge.net/). Be sure to read the README and INSTALL files, since you will need a few development libraries to build it.

Oops, I'd nearly forgotten: The documentation doesn't tell you, but you also need yasm from the repos for PSPVC.

creek23
January 3rd, 2009, 07:01 PM

You can just copy the file from Firefox's "cache". It's what I do.

DOS4dinner
January 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Get the download helper addon for firefox. (it's icon is 3 balls--blue, yellow, and red).

Go to the preferences for it and go to medialink tab.

Type "swf" (without quotes) and hit add.

Now just click the download helper icon and download as you please.

Bölvağur
January 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM

with nautilus, any file manager or the terminal browse your way to /tmp and feast your eyes on the glory of the videos you are watching atm.

so in terminal either do

cd /tmp
ls -l

or

nautilus /tmp

note that the content of this file disappears when you dont have the content in firefox any more.