PDA

View Full Version : Apple's Innovative new Laptop - your next computer...

earthpigg
January 6th, 2009, 09:28 AM
click here for the video (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/apple_introduces_revolutionary)about the MacBook Wheel.

foo_bar
January 6th, 2009, 10:18 AM
hahaha that's awesome.. "I'll buy anything if it's shinny and made by apple."

pinged
January 6th, 2009, 10:23 AM
That was brilliant but that guy who said "I'll buy anything if it's made buy apple" was mad

I wonder what ubuntu would run like on that:D:D

Kingsley
January 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Haha, I'll buy one of those after I get the Apple Mactini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noe3kR8KqJc

CrazyArcher
January 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM
It reminds me that a couple of times I tried to use someone's iPod and merely trying to do some pretty trivial tasks made me want to throw it against the wall. I wanna kill all those claiming their interface is so awesome and intuitive... :evil:

Sugz
January 6th, 2009, 12:03 PM
^ I agree, the number of times i have tried looking for a song, only to spot it but have to surgically work the wheel to select the song. Though the wheel scroll method is very good for a Laptops touchpad

darkmatter
January 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
LOL. Looks like the ipod ate to much turkey over the holidays xD

Sand & Mercury
January 6th, 2009, 12:31 PM
"And it's virtually unbreakable unless dropped or hit"... Beautiful! :lol:

Never seen anything off the Onion before, didn't realise their stories were done so convincingly. Queensryche fans will laugh at the reporter dude's name being 'Geoff Tate'.

Sealbhach
January 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
It was superb. I liked the predictive text bit... and taking 45 minutes to write an email... :D

leg
January 6th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Is that real or a wind up? I mean 45 mins for an e-mail, i'll buy anything shiny from Apple. I particularly liked the bit about the soduku killer.

Swagman
January 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Well that was strange. I couldn't get the video to play in firefox (flash 10 installed) but it played in Opera.

Funny anyway.

chamber
January 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Loved the predictive text,

"The Aardarvk admitted it's fault"

Sugz
January 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I can imagine that there will be at least one person who takes it seriously , but it was so convincingly presented. :D

Bölvağur
January 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Well that was strange. I couldn't get the video to play in firefox (flash 10 installed) but it played in Opera.

Funny anyway.

It seemed like it had happen to my also, but after I pressed refresh it came up ok.

But about this computer. OMFG, this idea is clearly not for people that need to type or do anything. Im wondering how normal browsing and IMing would be like.

earthpigg
January 6th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I can imagine that there will be at least one person who takes it seriously , but it was so convincingly presented. :D
meet

But about this computer. OMFG, this idea is clearly not for people that need to type or do anything. Im wondering how normal browsing and IMing would be like.

:guitar:

Skripka
January 6th, 2009, 05:14 PM
"I never realized how much I hated the keyboard..."

:popcorn:

Half-Left
January 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Anyone actually realized it was a joke? :P

geoken
January 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Anyone actually realized it was a joke? :P

I'm pretty sure everyone* realized it's a joke seeing how it's on The Onion.

*By everyone I mean people who've had the internet for longer than a week

Half-Left
January 6th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Never heard of The Onion myself but alot of the stuff in the video gave it away :p

Swarms
January 6th, 2009, 07:26 PM
It reminds me that a couple of times I tried to use someone's iPod and merely trying to do some pretty trivial tasks made me want to throw it against the wall. I wanna kill all those claiming their interface is so awesome and intuitive... :evil:

Oh I guess the 163.000.000 units sold has been picked up by complete nutjobs then. :o

inxygnuu
January 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
if that was real, it would not make it. 45 minutes for a email? and even more expensive than a macbook air? no way! it is like the macbook air, it looks cool, but overall stinks.

Skripka
January 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM
if that was real, it would not make it. 45 minutes for a email? and even more expensive than a macbook air? no way! it is like the macbook air, it looks cool, but overall stinks.

You severely underestimate the power of "hip".

smurfgod
January 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
i dont know if i saw that right....45 minutes for an email...sorry.it looks like a huge ipod.i bet if u were to run linux u would have a hell of a time with the drivers for that wheel.i was impressed with the macbook air but thats about it.and also the wheel is 10,000 for the one with the 80gb ssd.thats WAY to much for me.im trying to get me a laptop donated for college and apples got 10,000$ laptops.

smurf :D

jespdj
January 6th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Works fine for me (Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64, Flash 10, Firefox 3.0.5).

Did you really feel it was necessary to explain that? :D

Mohamedzv2
January 6th, 2009, 10:49 PM
typing really is a thing of the past. Now I can waste my hour on the computer trying to type a post :D

inxygnuu
January 7th, 2009, 02:25 AM
You severely underestimate the power of "hip".

lol:D

gnomeuser
January 7th, 2009, 04:29 AM
This fails for me, probably because flash is the stuff upon which pondscum feeds.

Regardless, it is my impression Apple just came out with a 17" laptop.. 17", as the world grows fonder and fonder of the 8.9-10" netbooks Apple puts out a laptop so big it can't possibly fit in a bag. I was under the impression the only reason to get an Apple was to sit in a coffee shop and look trendy hoping to pick up girls.. how am I suppose to accomplice that is I can't lug the damn thing around?

MaxIBoy
January 7th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Oh I guess the 163.000.000 units sold has been picked up by complete nutjobs then. :o

Yes. Complete nutjubs.

SunnyRabbiera
January 7th, 2009, 04:50 AM
seriously one can see why this is not real :D

DeadSuperHero
January 7th, 2009, 05:03 AM
At first, though, the whole ring interface looked really intuitive and clever.

But done in an extremely impractical way without a keyboard.

SunnyRabbiera
January 7th, 2009, 05:06 AM
At first, though, the whole ring interface looked really intuitive and clever.

But done in an extremely impractical way without a keyboard.

well I have noticed that there are a few people here and there trying to develop circular menu's for linux, something like a ipod wheel would be useful for such things.
But even a mouse seems more practical as a keyboard when used in the way this silly concept does things.

Frak
January 7th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Is that real or a wind up? I mean 45 mins for an e-mail, i'll buy anything shiny from Apple. I particularly liked the bit about the soduku killer.
Wind fast, the battery, the innovative hummingbird, lasts only 20 minutes. :D

cammin
January 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
If they powered it by spinning the wheel, you wouldn't need a battery.

patent pending

ZuLuuuuuu
January 7th, 2009, 08:06 AM

I already saw about 30% of the people think this is serious. I guess, these are people whose English is not well to understand the allusions made because it is obvious that the video is done in a very professional way.

Onion deserves a bravo, this is one of the best Mac spoofs.