PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy fans?

costoa
January 6th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Just curious, any Family Guy fans here? If so, favorite episode?

fng
January 6th, 2005, 11:59 PM
YES!

Family Guy S03E14 - Peter Griffin Husband, Father...Brother.avi
Especially the very last scene of that episode!

twisted_steel
January 7th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I enjoy watching them over and over, but one scene I particularly enjoyed was Optimus Prime going into the synagogue in When You Wish Upon a Weinstein. Another was the reference to the episode (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-237/epid-12592/) from the Twilight Zone in Wasted Talent. I'm eagerly awaiting the fourth season :D

Quest-Master
January 7th, 2005, 12:48 AM
I enjoy watching them over and over, but one scene I particularly enjoyed was Optimus Prime going into the synagogue in When You Wish Upon a Weinstein. Another was the reference to the episode (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-237/epid-12592/) from the Twilight Zone in Wasted Talent. I'm eagerly awaiting the fourth season :D
I <3 Family Guy. No favorite in particular though :)

Lovechild
January 7th, 2005, 02:05 AM
I just love the baby, for I to desire total and utter world domination.

TravisNewman
January 7th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I simply cannot pick a favorite episode. Stewie just rocks though. Some of my favorites are when they're in the witness protection program in Alabama, when Peter becomes a jouster, when Death (played by Norm MacDonald) comes and stays for a while... etc etc... but I can easily pick a favorite scene: Stewie singing Rocket Man in the stylings of William Shatner (Shatner's music cracks me up, but his new album is genuinely good). Some others are when Stewie thinks he's drunk (both times), when Margot Kitter goes nuts and starts screaming and breaking things... the list goes on. It's easily one of the best shows ever made. I'd venture to say it's the best ANIMATED show ever at least. Can't wait for season 4, but American Dad doesn't look like it'll be as good, though the pilot is pretty funny. I'll definitely watch it.

LordCantenberry
January 7th, 2005, 02:39 AM
My favorite episode is were Stewie is trying to discover the secrets of cheerleaders and when he is in the locker room, observing them undress, he makes the comment that his wee wee seems to have rigormortis.

I almost wet myself I thought it was so funny.

darkoptix
January 7th, 2005, 07:23 AM
I LOVE FAMILY GUY!
I have both the dvds and have watched all of the shows at least 3 times. I don't have any favs though, I like them all.
American Dad i don't think is coming out, and I don't think looks any near the quality of family guy(even though it's basically the same thing). The characters seems werid to me.
I cannot wait till Fox brings out season 4!!!!

poofyhairguy
January 7th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Entire Third Season

machiner
January 7th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Family Guy kicks ass. Even my wife likes it - she stays up late just to watch it.

Very funny stuff....What about ATHF...now that's some funny sh#$!!

jdodson
January 7th, 2005, 07:05 PM
i watched a few episodes and really did not get into it. personally i am simpsons fan till i die. i pretty much judge any show by that measure and from some of the plot descriptions some of you mentioned it seems that family man have "borrowed" a few ideas. then again in an episode of south park the characters commented that simposons have done everything. i own simpsons seasons 1-5 on dvd and will purchase them all.

i dont mean to get in a family guy vs. simpsons flame war. its cool so many people enjoy the show, i just never really found a like for it i guess.

machiner
January 7th, 2005, 07:10 PM
You already own the best Simpsons episodes. I would argue that the quality of episode and script, as well as biting social commentary was best during seasons 3 and 4.

Simpsons is my favorite show as well - but sometimes I want more of an edge. Family Guy and ATHF do it for me.

I have been a Simpson's fan since The Tracey Ullman show used to air shorts every few shows. I think that was in 1987.

jdodson
January 7th, 2005, 07:44 PM
You already own the best Simpsons episodes. I would argue that the quality of episode and script, as well as biting social commentary was best during seasons 3 and 4.

Simpsons is my favorite show as well - but sometimes I want more of an edge. Family Guy and ATHF do it for me.

I have been a Simpson's fan since The Tracey Ullman show used to air shorts every few shows. I think that was in 1987.

i agree that the early seasons were classic, personally 3,4,5 are really really well done. well ok i really liked 1 and 2 as well.

its not that the simpsons can do no wrong, personally some newer episodes i have seen have been lacking a bit(then again i really don't watch broadcast or cable television so i really wouldnt know, i think i have seen like 3 new episodes of a few years ago season).

JsPr
January 7th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Sounds like a fun series but can you please enlighten a Swede from the outskirts of Europe? What is it??? Any trailers out there? :D

Ste
January 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a fun series but can you please enlighten a Swede from the outskirts of Europe? What is it??? Any trailers out there? :D
Love it, know most of the episodes word for word.
Couldn't pick a favorite bit though.

For those who don't know have a look at this and go and buy the DVD's.
I doubt you'll be disappointed.

http://www.fox.com/familyguy/

lockenkeyster
January 7th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I love all the episodes but my favorite is the apocalypse/twinkie town one...

machiner
January 8th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Hey jdodson...

"We like to sleep in a bed of green
where franklin's head can always be seen"

"...cause Paul and I are in denial..."

Your song is a riot. werd.

I play bass ... rock on.

jdodson
January 8th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Hey jdodson...

"We like to sleep in a bed of green
where franklin's head can always be seen"

"...cause Paul and I are in denial..."

Your song is a riot. werd.

I play bass ... rock on.

ha, thanks, i really enjoy it. someday the website will be back up too, and all you lovely ubuntuites can get the videos and see my lovely face and read my lovely words.

don't mean to be a stickler but its "paul and i arent in denial."

rock.

kennef
January 10th, 2005, 03:34 AM
I love all the episodes but my favorite is the apocalypse/twinkie town one...

Yes! Me too!!!

Another favourite would have to be where stewie is suckling on his dad's nipple (after he turns feminite) and stewie realises...the look of shock horror as he picks a pube out of his mouth is totally awesome.

poofyhairguy
January 11th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Hmmm.....thinking about it, if I had to pick one from the third season, I would pick the one where they all get superpowers.

TheDude
January 11th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Hmmm.....thinking about it, if I had to pick one from the third season, I would pick the one where they all get superpowers.

'Viewer Mail"...my favorite episode. At least until the new ones start sometime around May

graabein
December 12th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I love Family Guy. It is incredible. I love Stewie when he gets going and Brian when he's "on the sauce".

bored2k
December 12th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Good stuff. I prefer anime, but It's still very good.

dosed150
December 12th, 2005, 12:24 PM
one of my fabvourites has to be the courtship of stewies fater series 4 episode 16 its so funny the things they do to lois and stewie griifin the untold story is funny as well "inter office sex is forbidden however hilariously unsatisfying it is" lol

Prolyprole
December 12th, 2005, 12:52 PM
It has to be Wasted Talent from series two.

Best bit; Lois comes in and tells off Peter for being drunk again. He replies that he's not drunk, just exhausted from being up all night drinking.

wishyjr
December 12th, 2005, 02:09 PM
i love family guy too! fav episode would have to be 'going to the hop' or whatever its called the op of this threads' avay says it all :)

"you gotta give it up (give up the toad now)!" lol

KingBahamut
December 12th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Just curious, any Family Guy fans here? If so, favorite episode?

Gotta be the Kung Fu Lois epp with the LEAFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdong
December 12th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Another big family guy fan here! Nice show, great comedy. Only thing is, I'm noticing that especially in the newest episodes the humor has been getting dramatically more crude and dirty... and some on-the-border age groups can no longer enjoy the show ;)

earobinson
December 12th, 2005, 04:18 PM
fan +1

mstlyevil
December 12th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I love the Mel Gibson episode. I couldnt stop laughing long enough to catch my breath. My favorite animated show is South Park overall. The Wall-Mart episode where the boys have to find the heart of Wall-Mart in the electronics section and destroy it to destroy Wall-Mart was hillarious. The Simpsons are just classic and I watch them just about every day. My favorite charecter on the family guy is Quagmire. You just gotta love the nieghborhood perv.

e2k
December 12th, 2005, 04:56 PM
/sign
I love the show, it's one of my favourites.. The best episode would probably be Episode 203 - Da Boom (where Y2K happens and the world goes under etc ;)) The scene where Peter and his family run out of gas and find the house with Randy Newman, the man who sings about everything he sees is hilarious! :mrgreen:

carlosqueso
December 12th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Huge Family guy fan. The two best are probably Let's go to the Hop, and the one where Lois meets her brother and Peter starts an organization for fat people.