PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Repository Updating Problems...

dayosh
January 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Hola! After attempting to use the Update Manager, I'm now met with a new pop-up window and error message I haven't ever seen before:

GPG error: http://apt.wxwidgets.org etch-wx Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 0E0BCE7F53B087BCMethod gave invalid 400 URI Failure message

I'm assuming it means that this particular 3rd-party source I have is temporarily down, but the weird thing is, it won't continue updating (ignoring the broken source) and after de-selecting the source in Software Sources, I'm met with this error:

Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message

Has anyone experienced anything like this, before? I didn't think I was doing anything wrong (did everything the same way I've always done it), and I don't think I missed anything, so I'm not exactly sure what's up. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks much in advance! :)

theozzlives
January 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
do:

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
put a # before the troublesome line

dayosh
January 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Opened up the .list, and it already had a # in front of the naughty source (since I unchecked it in the Sources List front-end).

However, everything seems to be working fine, now. I'm not sure if a source was temporarily down, or what, but everything seems to be running fine now. *shrug* Really weird.

Thanks very much for the help, Ozz! :)

**As an addendum, I typically have error messages when updating, but that's because it's just telling me that certain sources (like widgets) have no public key, which I don't really consider major, considering it still downloads update information from those sources. Any rough or vague ideas as to why this might have happened? Thanks!