PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] revover deleted files by date?

itzig
January 5th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Hello. Im inna deep mess! I have deleted like 600 songs off my external usb HD, 'by accident'...
I tried some of those linux appls, like testdisk, but it is missing the 'undelete' tab on the bottom of the 'advanced' screen for some reason. So I fired up some old win box, and tried some other software, and I seem to be able to recover or backup "all' deleted files just fine. And that leads to another problem: I only want to get the files that were deleted today, aka 'last accessed date', since I have 1000's more deleted songs on that HD, I don't care about.
Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Will coping (restoring) the files overwrite the last accessed date? If not I figure I could just restore everything on some other partition, and later search each file with some other tool for the last accessed date? would that work, and which tool can I use for that?

thanks!

itzig
January 5th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I forgot to mention this is on a FAt32 filesystem..
ok, -atime in the search string can show me the access date, once I have recovered all files, now I am just not sure if the recovering will overwrite the access date?
txs in advance for any light shed on this situation!