PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Downgrade Firefox?

higashi
January 5th, 2009, 01:52 AM
I'm using firefox 3.0.5 , which seems to run a lot slower than firefox 3.0 .
How can i downgrade and go back to 3.0 ?

Slowspeed
January 5th, 2009, 01:58 AM
I'm using firefox 3.0.5 , which seems to run a lot slower than firefox 3.0 .
How can i downgrade and go back to 3.0 ?

Sir,
You did not make clear what was slow? I would suggest turning off all of your add ons first and seeing how the performance is.
regards,
slowspeed

higashi
January 5th, 2009, 03:26 AM
That's not the point. The point is that i just want firefox 3 back.

Slowspeed
January 5th, 2009, 05:44 AM
That's not the point. The point is that i just want firefox 3 back.

I am afraid to reply for fear of missing another point. Regardless, I believe the following link will guide you and provide the download location for previous versions.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Installing+a+previous+version+of+Firefox

wmcbrine
January 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM
higashi, it is unlikely that Firefox 3.0.5 is slower than 3.0 in any respect, so the odds are that a downgrade will not solve your problem. Hence why people try to help you, by asking in what way it's slower.

That said, if you go into Synaptic, find Firefox, select Properties, and then Versions, you may find an older version that you can select. That's probably the simplest way.

ellalan
January 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I would suggest that you upgrade to Firefox3.1beta2. I must warn you that this a beta version and unstable(take precausions and back up your current settings)
It works flawlessly on my Ubuntu 8.10.

higashi
January 5th, 2009, 11:06 PM
hah, sry. im just really frustrated. my computer that used to run compiz and everything just fine is being all.. choppy. The animations are choppy and its annoying me :'[