PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Geometry not sticking on evolution with 8.10

MalContented
January 4th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Hi,

I have installed ubuntu 8.10 on a new machine and have come across an annoying issue with the geometry of evolution, that is not there on my existing 8.04 installation.

Everything appears to work properly if I log in on the console. I can start evolution, resize the window, close it down and, when I restart it again, the window opens with the width and height it had when it closed down. I can do the same from a Cygwin X-server running on a Windows XP box by spawning evolution from an xterm command line. In this case it always starts up as a very small window and I have to re-size it to make it usable.

I have tried manipulating some stuff in ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/shell/view_defaults/%gconf.xml but whenever I alter anything, gnome sets it back to what it was when evolution exits. My 8.04 installation (which doesn't have this problem) has a width and height section in this file but 8.10 does not. Is this an issue with evolution or gnome? Where is the definitive location for the window geometry?

Versions:
evolution on 8.04 is 2.22.3.1 and on 8.10 is 2.24.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Mal