PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual boot XP and Ubuntu-->Unable to shutdown PC from Ubuntu

cyberzilla
January 4th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hi,

I have installed Ubuntu8 with XP. At the end of installation i know system will restart and we have to remove the CD.During installation final stage there was no system restart for a long time. There was just a black screen with a cursor blinking at top left of the desktop. so i restarted manually by clicking the restart button in CPU. Now the issue is I'm not able to shutdown the PC from Ubuntu, i see only the same blank screen with cursor as i mentioned above.Please let me know what went wrong and tell me how to resolve this issue. Thanks in advanced.....

oilchangeguy
January 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hi,

I have installed Ubuntu8 with XP. At the end of installation i know system will restart and we have to remove the CD.During installation final stage there was no system restart for a long time. There was just a black screen with a cursor blinking at top left of the desktop. so i restarted manually by clicking the restart button in CPU. Now the issue is I'm not able to shutdown the PC from Ubuntu, i see only the same blank screen with cursor as i mentioned above.Please let me know what went wrong and tell me how to resolve this issue. Thanks in advanced.....

first, don't use incorrect terms to describe the computer (it makes it harder to help). the computer is NOT a cpu, that is one of the many parts located inside of the box. second, will either operating system even start? also don't use bold fonts.

cyberzilla
January 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hey sorry English is not my language:-) Im able to boot both the OS but unable to shutdown from Ubuntu im getting blank screen with a cursor