PDA

View Full Version : Bug? X crashes on certain Firefox renderings.

jdong
January 6th, 2005, 09:44 PM
NOTE: Save all work before trying the procedure below. It will ZAP X, similar to the CTRL+ALT+BKSP key sequence.

I found a reproducable X crash. Before filing it to Ubuntu bugzilla, I'd like to confirm it.

1. Open up http://ubuntuforums.org/favicon.ico in a new window / tab.
2. Scroll rapidly left and right by dragging the scrollbar.
3. X should crash, GDM should greet you to log in again! Yikes!

Configuration:

Firefox -- Latest Backport. (Someone with Warty firefox, please test!)
Warty + Backports
NVidia video card with NVidia 3-d drivers (self-compiled)
Kernel 2.6.10-cko1

randy
January 6th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Didn't happen with the version of firefox that was in warty, but I've got an Intel video card.

gregorian21
January 7th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Doesn't seem to crach on mine.

Configuration:

Firefox -- Latest Backport.
Warty + Backports (running the latest versions of all packages)
S3 Savage4
Kernel 2.6.8.1-14

daniels
January 8th, 2005, 04:28 AM
It's a bug in the nVidia binary driver -- you'll have to let them know. Unfortunately, being a binary driver, I have no visibility into the driver, so I can't help you fix it at all.

eldados
February 10th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I too have the same problem, firefox crash when i try to d/l a file. this is really annoying :-?

neighborlee
March 16th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I too have the same problem, firefox crash when i try to d/l a file. this is really annoying :-?
---------------

EDIT: I use nvidia-glx 6629 and I do NOT get the crash described here in this thread...
although as I say it does crash sometimes ( as it did in warty ) and takes X with it ( doesn't reboot though ).

================================================== =
firefox 1.0.1 here in hoary preview release crashes for me too ( edit: not sure about that URL just yet but I will edit this if it does ) sometimes and takes X out ( doesn't reboot but makes X unuseable ). just a FYI

cheers
nl
----